Why cant you unlock on 3.1 if you havent unlocked before

tmartz#AC

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
I dont understand why if i have a phone that came with 3.1 why cant it be unlocked or jailbroken unless ive done it before when will there be a thing were i can jailbreck and unlock without have doing it before?

Loganbro

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
If/when the jailbreak is released for out of the box 3.1 or already upgraded 3.1, then you will be able to unlock also. You cannot unlock without first jailbreaking.

AllTheWay

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
No worries, George Hotz is going to have a JB for 3GS 3.1 out in a couple of days.

I read that as well. I have been following his Twitter ever since I heard the news with much anticipation. I am seeing greenpoisi0n in the near future.

Edit: looks like George is not very happy about somebody taking his credit and said that he won't release it now. Hopefully he changes his mind.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If/when the jailbreak is released for out of the box 3.1 or already upgraded 3.1, then you will be able to unlock also. You cannot unlock without first jailbreaking.

Yeah like Tramain said, from what I've read if you update to Apple's 3.1 or have it right out of the box. There is an update to the baseband of the Modem that makes it unlockable currently. I hope I put that the right way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2