Unlock & Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.1 with PwnageTool 3.1.3
Wow the new Pwnagetool 3.1.1 is available now, Now You can Unlock and Jailbreak your iphone 3gs easily.
Here is the Guide.
Unlock Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.1 with PwnageTool 3.1.3 | TechnoBuzz.net
Last edited by Tothemobile; 10-03-2009 at 10:06 PM.
- 10-04-2009, 12:16 AM #3
- 10-04-2009, 02:31 AM #4
- 10-04-2009, 06:56 AM #5
- 10-04-2009, 09:51 AM #7
- 10-04-2009, 12:32 PM #8
If it doesnt say that in Cydia...then you are S.O.L. for the moment.
- 10-04-2009, 12:39 PM #9
- 10-04-2009, 01:50 PM #10
- 10-04-2009, 06:52 PM #11
- 10-05-2009, 10:24 AM #12
I jailbroke my 3GS using Redsnow on Windows XP. After 3.1 came out, freaking Quickpwn.com said that jailbrake works so I went ahead and updated. I have a Mac at work. Am I out of luck for now?
- 10-05-2009, 01:30 PM #13
I have a 3.0.1 jailbroken 3GS on AT&T.
What confuses me about the Dev-Team blog is:
GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a iPhone 3G or iPhone 3G(S) with ultrasn0w and rely on ultrasn0w to obtain cellular service then you should only update your device with an .ipsw that is made with the new PwnageTool. There are no second chances with this. You need to remember that PwnageTool will provide an upgrade path to newer versions of the iPhone software in the future.
- 10-05-2009, 01:43 PM #14
- 10-05-2009, 02:01 PM #15
- 10-05-2009, 02:28 PM #16
- 10-05-2009, 02:35 PM #17
- 10-05-2009, 02:46 PM #18
- 10-05-2009, 03:03 PM #19
There waS a whole slew of comments like this on iPhonehacks.com.
If you're getting the 1600 error, that means 1 of 2 things.
1) You accidentally upgraded to 3.1 WITHOUT saving your ECID SHSH files in Cydia. This means you're screwed. That you CANT downgrade your baseband. No more jailbreaking fo you.
2) Youre putting your iPhone into DFU mode when it's time to restore using the custom firmware built by Pwnage. You're not supposed to put it in DFU mode. You're supposed to put it in standard restore mode. NO DFU!
Let us know how it works for you.
If you can't upgrade/jailbreak now, you could always wait for greenp0is0n.
- 10-05-2009, 03:08 PM #20
Well before I tried this.. I made sure that it said I had the 3.1 ECID SHSH file on the top banner of Cydia. I am 100% sure that I was running 3.0.1.
I put the iPhone into restore mode by plugging it in, holding the sleep/wake and home button at the same time and held them until the screen turned black, and then I held the home button until iTunes said that it was in recovery mode.
Is that what I did right/wrong??
Right now I cant even get the phone to turn on. When I plug it into my computer iTunes pops up telling me to restore. I can select an ISPW file but the ONLY one I can find (posted above) isn't working for me.
- 10-05-2009, 03:49 PM #21
- 10-05-2009, 03:50 PM #22
Yes, that's what you're doing wrong. You're putting the phone into DFU mode.
14. You can follow these instructions*to put your iPhone 3GS in recovery mode:
Disconnect your iPhone 3GS from your computer.
Turn off your iPhone 3GS.
Press and hold the Home button while reconnecting the USB cable to iPhone. When you reconnect the iPhone 3GS to your computer via USB port, the device should then power on.*
Continue holding the Home button while your iPhone starts up. While starting up, you will see the Apple logo.
When you see "Connect to iTunes" on the screen, you can release the Home button and iTunes will display the recovery mode message.
- 10-05-2009, 04:34 PM #23
- 10-05-2009, 05:18 PM #24
- 10-05-2009, 05:21 PM #25
If you don't mind my asking -
1) is there any way I would be able to, uh, have you PM me with some sort of way where you could help me out by getting hold of the custom Pwned-built firmware? I'm weary about downloaing it from sources I don't know/trust.
2) After testing it, have you noticed anything about this firmware that is defective? For example, like losing cell service or losing your carrier logo?
I look forward to hearing from you. I'm really curious to see what your experience has been like.
P.S.- It sucks not having a Mac. *grumbling*