Assistance with updating carrier file (ATT_US)

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Morning, MMS is NOT my priority. Only IM b-tween my wife and I but I would like the current carrier file. Running iTunes 8.2 on 3G iPhone with 3.0 OS JB'n. I DON't want to LOOSE my JB enhancements therefore I DON'T want iTunes 9.0 upgrade nor 3.1 OS. Have downloaded new Carrier file...saved to DT (running Windows Vista)...Ran Command prompt...followed steps to shift + update in iTunes...Won't update...Receive "Unknown Error message".Have redownloaded carrier file...rebooted...re upgraded several times...NO GO...Still have carrier file 4.0 on iPhone... Been told I need iTunes 9.0 but if I do that I loose JB and won't be able to regain untill Dev-Team releases JB. Any suggestions or New steps I'm NOT following. Thanx, IGoSlo

bullitt3246

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
Morning, MMS is NOT my priority. Only IM b-tween my wife and I but I would like the current carrier file. Running iTunes 8.2 on 3G iPhone with 3.0 OS JB'n. I DON't want to LOOSE my JB enhancements therefore I DON'T want iTunes 9.0 upgrade nor 3.1 OS. Have downloaded new Carrier file...saved to DT (running Windows Vista)...Ran Command prompt...followed steps to shift + update in iTunes...Won't update...Receive "Unknown Error message".Have redownloaded carrier file...rebooted...re upgraded several times...NO GO...Still have carrier file 4.0 on iPhone... Been told I need iTunes 9.0 but if I do that I loose JB and won't be able to regain untill Dev-Team releases JB. Any suggestions or New steps I'm NOT following. Thanx, IGoSlo
im sendig you a private message check it!

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I see the file saved to desktop. In drop down box I can choose IPCC then file on desktop. problem is when i shift + update...that's when error message pop's up. I was told to upgrade to iTunes 9.0 then upgrade carrier file. haven't done that yet. limited connection where we are. Plan on doing that today when I have Wi-Fi for the speed. will keep you informed. IGoSlo

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I see the file saved to desktop. In drop down box I can choose IPCC then file on desktop. problem is when i shift + update...that's when error message pop's up. I was told to upgrade to iTunes 9.0 then upgrade carrier file. haven't done that yet. limited connection where we are. Plan on doing that today when I have Wi-Fi for the speed. will keep you informed. IGoSlo

Itunes 9 has no effect on JB. If anything, maybe thats what is giving you the error. Update Itunes and try it.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Downloaded 9.0 tried to istall new carrier file still NO GO STILL same message Error Message... I'm LOST... can anybody help ?

gordo721

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible to get MMS on the 2G Iphone with 3.1... my phone is JB but can't seem to find anything that will allow me to MMS... thnks for the help in advance guys!

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
cluelessiphone, running 3.0 upgraded to itunes9.0 still receiving error message. lost pdanet with 9.0 uninstalling 9.0 reverting back to 8.8

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Gordo - YES! Download the SiNful "MMS & Tethering" settings (it SHOULD work on 3.1) and then download Swirly MMS. There you go, it's a combo made in heaven.

If the SiNful hack doesn't work, try the "ActivateMMS for 2G" or the other SiNful hack, thing, "Enable MMS for 2G" in Cydia. They should work wonders.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Finally Broke it tonight...Got new ATT_US.ipcc file (6.0) uploaded to iphone, along with iTunes 9.0, along with new PDAnet update so it works with 9.0... Anybody still trying to figure it out check my other post in jailbreaking about carrier file. I've listed the steps that worked for me..you will need to SSH the files to your iPhone...but it's NOT that difficult....REMEMBER...If you're NOT that familier with SSH YOU are @ your OWN risk...Thank GOD 4 RESTORE BUTTONS...IGoSlo

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73