new unlock notification?

Petezzz

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to get notified by email as soon as a new JB/Unlock becomes available ?
Do the Dev team have a forum or latest news blog ?

I would like to buy a 3GS and JB/unlock it.
I have found all 3GS phones currently on sale now have 3.1 installed.
Currently you can only JB/Unlock a 3GS from 3.0 or 3.0.1.

thanks
Pete

PS: Do they have to wait till 3.1.1 comes out to make a fix for 3.1 ??

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Wow...the propensity of people that want to JB/Unlock their phones for really no good reason perplexes me...and AFAIK there is no unlock for 3.1, and downgrading is possible but complicated

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to get notified by email as soon as a new JB/Unlock becomes available ?
Do the Dev team have a forum or latest news blog ?

I would like to buy a 3GS and JB/unlock it.
I have found all 3GS phones currently on sale now have 3.1 installed.
Currently you can only JB/Unlock a 3GS from 3.0 or 3.0.1.

thanks
Pete

PS: Do they have to wait till 3.1.1 comes out to make a fix for 3.1 ??

I wish there was a website you could go to, where it would let you type in some words such as "dev team" and it would find anything on the internet that related to those words, such as a blog.

Can any good programmers work on this? I would be willing to share any profits with you.

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Wow...the propensity of people that want to JB/Unlock their phones for really no good reason perplexes me...and AFAIK there is no unlock for 3.1, and downgrading is possible but complicated

Don't speak of what you don't know. There is a plethora of good reasons to JB and in many people's opinions, including mine, the iPhone would not be nearly as usable without JB.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I wish there was a website you could go to, where it would let you type in some words such as "dev team" and it would find anything on the internet that related to those words, such as a blog.
you assume everyone knows to search for "dev team"

that was your main mistake

Google

from this search using more likely keywords which result do I want?

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
you assume everyone knows to search for "dev team"

that was your main mistake

Google

from this search using more likely keywords which result do I want?

Common sense would dictate that if the OP wanted the dev teams blog, he could type in *gasp* dev team in google. And what is the FIRST RESULT to show up?

People are just lazy. I can understand not searching on the forums, because the search engine sucks. But he didn't even try.

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
You make it sound like i haven JB an iPhone...I have actually a couple of times...but QA with JB apps and performance has always brought me back to the vanilla iPhone...as with all other Apple products..they make it that way for a reason..

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
You make it sound like i haven JB an iPhone...I have actually a couple of times...but QA with JB apps and performance has always brought me back to the vanilla iPhone...as with all other Apple products..they make it that way for a reason..
No, you made it sound that way. This is not what you said in your first post, you said there was no reason to JB which is obviously not true.

Petezzz

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site

"no good reason" ?? - sorry I don't understand... I have a very good reason
obviously I don't want to pay the inflated prices of the compulsory iPhone provider and would rather use the sim card from my much cheaper provider.

I must say as a new member of this forum I am rather dissapointed in the sarcastic, smug and superior tone of many of the replies to my first post. Remember, in life it takes all types, and some of us are still learning about technical stuff.
I am a member of many forums and find them very helpful and usually also civil which makes them a pleasure to use. Based on this experience I won't be using this forum again.

ciao
Petezzz

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73