MMS on September 25

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Well I just spoke with a very nice and helpful AT&T rep. She read to me their inner office memo regarding the launch of MMS on the iPhone. It stated that the activation of MMS will come to the iPhone via iTunes not a file update through AT&T :mad:. My guess is that this is to get people to get the 3.1 update and lose the unlock and jailbroke phones, but I could be wrong on that though.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well I just spoke with a very nice and helpful AT&T rep. She read to me their inner office memo regarding the launch of MMS on the iPhone. It stated that the activation of MMS will come to the iPhone via iTunes not a file update through AT&T :mad:. My guess is that this is to get people to get the 3.1 update and lose the unlock and jailbroke phones, but I could be wrong on that though.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you have your ECID and iBSS and iBEC or what every they are you should be fine.

I am a diehard jailbreaker, I've been playing around with ROMs and flashing phones since the SX66 on AT&T (1st AT&T WM device).

I'm noticing serious memory leakage and I really don't like it. It all started with that last 3.0.1 update to fix that so called security issue.

I only JB to sling over 3G. And let me tell you I don't use it enough for it to make that big of a difference.

:eek:I'm thinking of going vanilla people.:eek: I know. I think I'm gonna update to 3.1 tonight.

DaPeeps

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
From what I can tell 3.1 will be required for MMS

Not according to this: How to Enable MMS (picture messaging) on Your iPhone (AT&T) [UPDATED x2] | Apple iPhone School

Theres a lot of people on there commenting that by following the directions in the article, they are getting MMS working on 3.0, 3.0.1, and 3.1. All you need is this carrier file from AT&T and the settings mentioned in the article. Its general consensus over there that it all comes down to AT&T taking the "opt-out" off of your account...they are apparently doing it slowly in roll-out type fashion so that they dont have any problems or large amounts of calls about it on the 25th.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Actually, the method described on appleiphoneschool didn't work for me, but someone said thatbdownloading the MMS & Tethering settings from Sinful repo worked.

I had tried this a few days ago, and it didn't work so I uninstalled it. I decided to give it another shot, and it works flawlessly.

Well, almost flawlessly.

My voicemails aren't really going through, and I've had some weird interaction with sending emails while on WiFi, but that's about it. As cool as it is, I need voicemail to work a bit more than MMS, so I may uninstall, but I guess we shall see.

I'm in NYC by the way.

Also, in my Cellular Data Settings, my VVM settings are configured for the acds.Voicemail setting, so everything SHOULD hypothetically be fine, but the issues I listed above are still issues.

htrdlnc#CB

Aug 29, 2008
Visit site
I tried to do it online and couldn't get around their BS iPhone stuff.

Anything having to do with the iPhone warrants a 30% increase in price @ AT&T.:mad:

Can't do it online. Must call. I told them I didn't want to get caught in the rush on 9/25.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
UPDATE:

I fixed my VVM and it was extremely simple. I just went into Cellular Data Settings to the Voicemail section. I changed it from "acds.voicemail" to "acds.voice". I hit the "Network" button in the top left. Then, I went back Ito Cellular Data Settings, changed it from "acds.voice" to "acds.voicemail" again, hit the "Network" button at the top left, then the home button.

In less than a minute, all my voicemails started showing up, and everything works fine.

As far as the WiFi problem goes, tHat was a problem with my WiFi router, not the iPhone. I reset the router in my home, and now everything is working perfectly as it should.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods