3gs, upgraded to 3.1 = No jailbreak?

jlw

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Got my iPhone 3GS yesterday and upgraded to 3.1 direct when I plugged it in. Had not read the forums. :-(

Does this mean I cant jailbreak it? Forever?

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Got my iPhone 3GS yesterday and upgraded to 3.1 direct when I plugged it in. Had not read the forums. :-(

Does this mean I cant jailbreak it? Forever?

It seems like it will impact your ability to unlock. That is MAYBE unless you've captured files like iBSS iBEC and your ECID.

If you just want to jailbreak I don't think you'll have an issue.

jlw

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Just Unlock, not the jailbreak that makes me able to use Cydia and things?
And I did not captured does file. And you cant capture them now afterwards, I suppose. :eek:

Last edited:

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
We won't know for sure until the dev-team get's done looking and tinkering with 3.1, but if you did not capture the files...then yes, there is a very good chance you will not be able to jailbreak. To be safe I would find a reason to take it back and swap out for a different one, immediately. Maybe tell them you want to change colors, from black to white or vice versa. Then capture those files and wait for the jailbreak.

jlw

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Why did I upgrade! I hope they find a way to unlock and jailbreak it. I really want some of the features that are in "jailbreak".

But its a very nice phone, even without the jailbreak. :)

*send devteam a ball of cookies*

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaking is using Cydia and apps not from the app store. Unlocking it is using it on a carrier other than the one it was sold for ( AT&T here in the states ).

hannyboy2006

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
I see no problem for the unlocking problem with 3.1. My reason for this is based on the fact that O2(uk), who have the exclusive rights to apple are pulling out at the end of this month....therefore, all networks will be availible on the newer iphones which leads me to beleive that there will be an entirly new baseband release for people who want to unlock on current 3G & 3GS's......
Ps, I'm not sure if AT&T have also pulled out on being exclusive.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
AT&T is still exclusive here in the states at least until 2010 there has been no announcement as to if the contract between Apple and AT&T has been or will be extended.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice