Transferred sms.db - Can't Delete Messages

ChodaBoy2k

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I finally upgraded to 3.0.1. Before I did, I copied sms.db to my computer and after upgrading (set up as new phone) and JB, I copied the sms.db back to the phone. I set the permissions to 0777 and am able to see the texts. When I delete a text it disappears, but when I close the messaging app and re-open then those deleted texts are back. Any ideas?

ChodaBoy2k

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I'll respond to my own post in case anyone else has this problem. As soon as someone sent me a new text, I was able to delete an older one and it stayed deleted. Seems that getting a new text is the key.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing you had the wrong owner assigned to the file.

With the group and owner both set to "mobile", a 644 permission should work just fine. 777 did the trick because that allows anything to have full control of that file.

To set the owner, use the "chown mobile sms.db" command. To change the group, use the "chgrp mobile sms.db" command.

ChodaBoy2k

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing you had the wrong owner assigned to the file.

With the group and owner both set to "mobile", a 644 permission should work just fine. 777 did the trick because that allows anything to have full control of that file.

To set the owner, use the "chown mobile sms.db" command. To change the group, use the "chgrp mobile sms.db" command.
Thank you Matt. I'll look into that next time I update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73