Upgrading from 3G to 3GS

mwg3c

Dec 16, 2008
Visit site
I am going to go buy the new 32 GB 3GS and sell my iphone 3G 16 GB. My 3G is jailbroken on the 3.0 software, but not unlocked. My plan is to upgrade to 3.1 and then jailbreak AND unlock it (so that I can sell it for more money).

My questions are, if I buy the new phone before I jailbreak the old phone to the 3.1 software, will I not be able to do it b/c I?ll have essentially an iPod Touch once I remove my phone number from the old phone for the new phone? So I?ll have to sell my old 3G as jailbroken without the 3.1 upgrade?

Thanks for all your help.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Which carrier are you with? do you have a sim? it's a little different in the US here in Canada you can only get the Iphone on Rogers or Fido both of which use SIM cards. So if you do have a SIM then once you get the 3Gs it's just a matter of swapping your SIM into the phone. So on the flipside when you're ready to JB your 3G just put your SIM in do what you have to do and then remove it once you're done and pop it back into the 3Gs.

mwg3c

Dec 16, 2008
Visit site
When I buy the 3GS and my 3G becomes deactivated, will I still be able to jailbreak/unlock the 3G? Would I just have to put my 3GS sim in the 3G during the jailbreak/unlock or will it work with my deactivated sim still in it?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
The SIM card is no matter, you can jailbreak and unlock a phone without a SIM.

But here's your problem, there is currently no jailbreak or unlock for 3.1, so if you upgrade the phone to 3.1 you aren't going to be able to do any of that until the dev team releases an update.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73