Why disable the 3G network when unlocking for T-Moble?

misslovely5

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
I just dont understand. T-Moble does have a 3G network? why can't you enable the 3G network if Tmoble has one? Can anyone tell me from experience how fast is the internet on the unlocked iphone with t moble. i hope its not slow. someone please help?

thanks a million,
Misslovely

Syncopations

Jun 8, 2009
www.authenticragtime.com
I believe the T-Mobile 3G network uses a different frequency than the AT&T one. The iPhone is only able to "read" the AT&T 3G frequency because of the baseband. It's something that software can't fix. It's a hardware problem.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I believe the T-Mobile 3G network uses a different frequency than the AT&T one. The iPhone is only able to "read" the AT&T 3G frequency because of the baseband. It's something that software can't fix. It's a hardware problem.

True. They use different frequencies.

misslovely5

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
aww:( bummer dood. do you guys know if the internet is fast at all on the unlocked iphone 3GS for t-Moble. i figure as long as tmoble internet is good..then the fastness of the 3GS would only help right? or should i just get a 3G...whats your personal opinion guys?

thanks for responding:D

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
aww:( bummer dood. do you guys know if the internet is fast at all on the unlocked iphone 3GS for t-Moble. i figure as long as tmoble internet is good..then the fastness of the 3GS would only help right? or should i just get a 3G...whats your personal opinion guys?

The 3G and the 3Gs will have the same internet speed with T-Mobile. I don't have T-Mobile so I don't know there internet speed.

misslovely5

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
so what do you think having an unlocked iphone...is the app store on lockdown? ive heard rumors that you cant get the app store anymore once its unlocked.
:)

misslovely5

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
really..thanks so much. this is exciting. ive been doing alot of research on unlocking and its been hard to take the leap. but after talkin to you i think im gonna do it. its just so crazy expensive tho to get one without a plan. it pisses me off!

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
really..thanks so much. this is exciting. ive been doing alot of research on unlocking and its been hard to take the leap. but after talkin to you i think im gonna do it. its just so crazy expensive tho to get one without a plan. it pisses me off!

Glad I could help if you don't mind tip the scale in the right corner.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

With Tmobile you will get EDGE speeds which you might get up to 3-4x faster than dial up.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey, Miss, I have a suggestion to lower your costs.

Go to the Apple store. Buy your 3G and connect it to AT&T.

Go home, wait 3 or 4 days, and then call AT&T and cancel your contract.

You'll get the iPhone 3G for $234 (including tax), and about $175 earlytermination fee. So in total, you're looking at approx $415 total. Which is significantly less than a $700+ factory unlocked iPhone.

Plus, if you read the forums, or talk to some nice people who can help you, you can jailbreak and unlock your phone to T-Mobile.

The whole process takes less than 20 minutes.

misslovely5

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
thats a good plan:) but wait i talked to a at&t rep and they said if i cancel my plan before 30 days it wont cost anything...why would i have to pay a termination fee to disconnect from the 30 day trial..and another question...when i go buy an iphone at the apple store will they actually give me the phone or would they make me activate with at&t and have me get the actual phone from them??

misslovely5

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
i did confirm it with an at&t rep that youd only have to pay monthly usage if you cut your contract before 30 days. no termination fee!!!!! yayayayayayay!!!!!