Really Need Help!

max76249

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
OK. This is going to be hard to explain. I just bought an iPhone, locked to AT&T. The problem is I live in England. When I got it, I unlocked it, and was using it perfectly with my English sim. Wonderful. Here's the bad part. I then, rather stupidly, updated to 3.0.1 firmware, and it locked my iPhone, and said that the sim was not compatible. Then, even more stupidly, I thought "Let's just restore it to avoid the hassle of unlocking again". Mistake. Now, when I try to boot my iPhone, it simply says on the screen, 'Sim Not Compatible'. That's on both the iPhone screen and my computer screen. Even worse, after the restore, I can no longer access any of the phones functions. Please help. I need this phone for college.

max76249

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
I have an iPhone 3G. Could you possibly walk me through it because I didn't actually jailbreak it myself, or at least provide a link to a guide that will direct me.

max76249

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
That's the thing, I read the guide and I can't get my iPhone to software 3.0 as I can do the iTunes setup because it is locked. Any ideas?

max76249

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
No. My iPhone is locked to AT&T, but I don't have an AT&T sim, so when I connect it to my PC, the only thing I see in iTunes is: Sim Not Compatible.

max76249

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
No, when I try that I can't even connect it to the PC. Will it be easier to do an a Mac because I have one too.

Last edited:

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
No, when I try that I can't even connect it to the PC. Will it be easier to do an a Mac because I have one too.

I got your post and another mixed up. This is what you need to do download redsn0w and iPhone 3G 3.0 firmware and then open redsn0w and it will guide you though the process.

After your done with redsn0w open cydia and add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com and then search ultrasn0w

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices