Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

Exclamation Please Help. I need information for the new Iphone

Recently I bought an Itouch 2nd Gen and I was able to jailbreak it. Currently, i have it jailbroken and it is awesome. I have a few questions because I'm planning to buy an Iphone

1st - Can I Jailbreak & Unlock the Iphone once I got the Iphone from an AT&T Store and it's already activated from the AT&T Store? I'm asking this question because I heard that once you active it there it's not possible to Jailbreak it and Unlock It.

2nd - Is It possible to jailbreak the new 3GS right now or it's better to just get the 3G for Jailbreak and Unlock purposes?

3rd - If I Unlock the Iphone can I still use it on an AT&T Store throught SIM Cards there or the only options will be T-Mobile Stores?

4th - If I jailbreak and unlock, will all the features that work on AT&T work in other carriers such as Voice Mail? what features will be missing if I decide to unlock and jailbreak if i'm not going to be using AT&T on iphone?

5th - Warranty on Iphone? If I get it on ebay/craiglist i won't be getting it right? is there a way to buy a warranty online?

PS: What would u recommend 3GS or 3G? buy it ebay, craiglist or AT&T?
    I just want to give a thank you if you decide to help me. I know some of the questions could have been answered before but I just wanted to make sure everything is updated since new iphone softwares have come out recently.

iMore Genius

10,934 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

All of the questions have been answered.

1 - yes
    2 - yes
    3 - you can only use the store where you're a customer
    4 - if you're on a t-Mo sim, you can't use AT&T voicemail
    5 - Squaretrade.com
    iPhone Intermediate

103 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

I just updated my 2G to a 3GS and it's crazy fast. The 3GS does jailbreak quite easy, but you'll need the 3.0 3GS firmware to make this work. The camera updates, added video, and voice command are quite nice.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

Thanks for the replies, I'm grateful that you guys took the time to answer these simple questions.

Thanks, I've decided to get the Iphone 16GB White tomorrow.