All is well with my 1st gen in 3.0

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I know a ton of people always post about problems they have after they JB which gives the non-JB crowd doubts about doing it. Well my GF has had my 1st gen Iphone on 2.2.1 since I got the 3G. We never had the 1st gen in Canada so it has to be unlocked and JB whenever it's updated. So I finally got around to grabbing it from her and giving it to my friend who always does my phones. So he updated to 3.0 and unlocked and JB with red sn0w. He said it was alot faster than pwnage which is what he usually uses. So put the SIM in and restored and the phone is rockin' 3.0 with cut/copy/paste, landscape keyboard, and ability to see my emojin emoticons. Everything works text, calling, Wifi so just wanted to share the success story to sway the crowd a bit :D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, I've had my 1st gen JB and Unlocked about 4 times now for different firmwares and have never had a problem with all of them. My 3G has been JB with 3.0 no need for unlock and have also never had a single problem. Just read up all the info on JB and Unlocking whichever you're doing. Make sure you have whatever files and software you need. Watch some youtube tutorials on the subject so you have some visual aids in the process and I'm sure you'll be fine. There are people JBin' and Re-JBin' daily, it's not an overly complicated process.