Activating/unlocking/jailbreaking my iPhone seems impossible

BasementEggplant

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
Hello there. ~ :rolleyes:

I just tried Redsn0w 0.8 together with Firmware 3.0 to unlock my iPhone which currently is in "emergency calls only"-mode, but it didn't seem to work as my computer (or Windows Vista itself) displayed a message saying that "redsn0w.exe has stopped working" when I ran it. Sorry about not having any screen shots to show you, but the forum won't allow me to post any links. >_< Anyway. Some guy at the norwegian Mac forums told me to update my .NET Framework to version 2.0, but I already have the 3.5 version installed since I'm using Vista. So, really. What to do? My iPhone worked perfectly well just a week ago since I have this little SIM card unlocking doily-thing. My only plan was to restore it through iTunes (which I haven't done before), but then iTunes started to whine about invalid SIM card and stuff..

._.

Edit: Oh, and I've tried Ziphone to activate my iPhone as well. **** didn't work.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I unlocked my 3GS on Vista (64 bit, at that) and had no problems.

Have you tried a restore, or any of the usual tricks?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I had this problem a well - here's what I did to fix it.

On the redsn0w exe file itself, right click it. Go into properties.

Look through it, and set it to run in "compatibility mode". Set it to "Windows XP SP 2" and then "apply" the changes.

After that, re-run redsn0w, and it should work flawlessly.

BasementEggplant

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
I had this problem a well - here's what I did to fix it.

On the redsn0w exe file itself, right click it. Go into properties.

Look through it, and set it to run in "compatibility mode". Set it to "Windows XP SP 2" and then "apply" the changes.

After that, re-run redsn0w, and it should work flawlessly.

That was it! Thanks ;D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner