Ghost in the phone???

philatangy

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Alright so here's a strange one...I jailbroke my friends 3gs for him. After jailbreaking everything looked and acted fine. However his phone is calling people on its own. Not like when its in his pocket, but all the time, even when he is asleep!!! It seems to be happening with a higher frequency at night. So, being skeptical about the JB, we restored the phone from backup. His phone continued to call people. Finally, we have restored to new - and it appears to have (possibly) gone away. Any thoughts? Should the phone be returned, or should we attempt to jailbreak it again? Thanks for your thoughts.

Cheers.

philatangy

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Update:

Restored to new. Jailbroke, and it is still calling people. The phone screen does not even turn on and nothing shows in the call log.

What is this???

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
WOW that's really weird. So when it's restored like new how long did you wait? did it call anyone? if it did then return it. It it didn't try JB with a different method. Ie. If you used ultrasnow try pwnage.

philatangy

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
After second time restoring to new, he waited 24 hours and his phone made no ghost calls. 5 minutes after jailbreaking (again) and it had already made a ghost call.

We used Redsn0w 0.8. As far as I know this is the only option for jailbreaking a 3gs on 3.0.1?

philatangy

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Update 9/1/09:

He has restored from new and his phone is not jailbroken. He restored last Thursday (5 days ago)and his phone has not made any ghost calls since then. Really, he just wants to get his phone jailbroken again.

Sorry to keep bumping this same post, but we are still looking for answers.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77