"Cannot connect to YouTube"

treouserinla2

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
Every time I launch the YouTube app, I get the dreaded "Cannot connect to YouTube" message and no videos are able to be viewed/seen.

After a bunch of searching, I tried resetting the date and time settings (back and forth, all different ways, including Time Zone) all to no avail.

Does anyone know how to solve this??

Just to give you some background, my iPhone (3G running 3.0) was a bit sluggish yesterday so I reset it (holding down the home and top buttons for 10 seconds). I'm guessing that's what caused this issue, but I'm not sure.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

(Just to give everyone the details. It's an iPhone 3G, running 3.0, jailbroken, using T-Mobile, syncing with a Mac.)

Last edited:

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I didn't think YouTube worked on the T-Mobile network on a jailbroken iPhone. If you have a Wi-Fi home network, try enabling Wi-Fi on your phone and seeing it it connects to YouTube then. If it works over Wi-Fi, then my guess is that it's the T-Mobile network.

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
YouTube works great in Tmobile's Iphone, mine and my friend's are working great.

I think that maybe you can give it a try to the Push Fix (do a google for it), not the one that install a Cydia App, I mean the one that need you to download some files and put them using SSH or any type of connection.

I did the Push fix yesterday to my friend's 2G, and I noticed that it contains some YouTube files, and once you are done it tells you to test YouTube to see if it works, SO, if I'm right it may fix your issue.

Obviously, look for the info, read what I'm saying and do it at your own risk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR