Should I use Cydia or Icy???

bigteflon

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm about to jailbreak my iphone 3G with 3.0.1 i read through the directions posted here and it said that Cydia had been causing crashes and since Cydia & Icy do the same thing, to just roll with Icy. Yet EVERY post has references to Cydia.

What do they actually do and which one should I use?

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I use both. Icy is faster, but sometimes I find what I'm looking for on Icy and other times I find it on Cydia...

bigteflon

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
Thanks...

I use both. Icy is faster, but sometimes I find what I'm looking for on Icy and other times I find it on Cydia...

Thanks. I'm going to go ahead and install both.

But what exactly do I need/do with them?

Also, does anyone know what fugu is/does?

NotCrazy

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
fugu is a program you run on your mac [might be a windows version too] i don't know anything about the technology but basically it's FTP for your iphone, so you can access files over the network

bigteflon

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
fugu is a program you run on your mac [might be a windows version too] i don't know anything about the technology but basically it's FTP for your iphone, so you can access files over the network

Thanks, I'll try to find more info on how I can use that as well...

nextjeter2

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
If you want you can always download cydia then download Icy later from cydia I did this but use both now if you need help with adding icy later pm me

nextjeter2

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
Have u tried backgounder sbsettings music controls if you use apps like pandora one of my favorites it's mquick do it has 3 day trial I paid 8 bucks. And PDA net let's u tether to computer of wifi free. And miwi is a great 1 rigor wifi tether you can even connect itouch 10 day trial you have to download rock app for it. I real SMS is great let's u respond to txts in a app without having. To close app. Red laser is a awesome free barcode scanner like g1

mg48

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I just got Icy from Cydia. It is faster than Cydia. It saw all my apps I had already installed from Cydia.

Will it manage them or do I need to keep Cydia to manage what I installed from Cydia?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods