GOOD Jailbroken Themes...

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
how is everybody tweaking their themes like that do u have to have a mac to do so and what is ssh?

To tweak themes, yes you typically have to SSH into the phone. Not all the time though. It really depends on what you are trying to do with the theme.

But no, you do not have to have a Mac to SSH into a phone.

This is the definition of SSH:

In computing, the SSH File Transfer Protocol (sometimes called Secure File Transfer Protocol or SFTP) is a network protocol that provides file transfer and manipulation functionality over any reliable data stream.

In a nutshell, it gives you access to the phones filesystem and you can edit files, add files, and delete them.

It's a powerful tool but also a potentially dangerous one if you don't know what you're doing, as you don't want to go around deleting files or changing things if you don't know what they are.

But no, you do not need a Mac. Any SSH Client will do and there are tons for windows as well. A simple google search for "windows SSH client" will bring up tons of free SSH clients you can download and use for free.

Hope this helped.

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Illumine actually has a built-in overlay feature that should size all your icons correctly, no matter whether there is an icon for it or not.

But if you're running above 3.0, as in 3.1 or so, there's an issue with the way the icons get cached that is messing that up, you can SSH into your phone and delete the icon cache and illumine will work properly again.

Clearing out the cache worked perfectly! Thanks for the info!

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I love illumine , it look great I mix in some icons from other themes to fill in were the illumine developer left off

mandy92

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
jailbreak ipod 2g 3.1.1

hey guys this is mandy
and i really really need help!!!
i tried using blacra1n but it didnt work
it said tht ipod is jailbroken but its still the same
can ya help me please!!!:(

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
hey guys this is mandy
and i really really need help!!!
i tried using blacra1n but it didnt work
it said tht ipod is jailbroken but its still the same
can ya help me please!!!:(

hi and welcome to TiPb forums Mandy! you are in the wrong thread, pls check out and post your Q at:
http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-jailbreak-unlock/180626-help-jailbrake-3-1-2-3g-newb.html
OR
http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-jailbreak-unlock/179431-tutorial-jailbreak-iphone-3-1-2-blackra1n-8.html

PS PM SENT;)

Last edited:

nickanglin89

Aug 26, 2009
www.facebook.com
switched it up a bit

This is HTC Gruppled lockscreen with the Reso theme.

008.png

First Page

009.png

Second Page

010.png

i can't find this awesome theme in cydia or rock?

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
^^^ Nope. Not in Cydia or Rock!

The Lockscreen (HTC with Gruppled Lockinfo) can be found at this forum

The Reso theme (icons) can be found on MacThemes forum here

You'll have to use SSH (i.e. WinSCP) or a program like Diskaid or Cyberduck to get this onto your phone.

Now I did do a bit of tweaking to "make it my own" so that particular wallpaper and dock will NOT be in those downloads. It comes with different ones.

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
This is SnowCover (created by Gi-Lo)

It allows you to have a wallpaper still show up when you are playing a song instead of having the album art take up the entire screen.

004.png
037.png

038.png

Last edited:

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
^^^^ I like that one Alli!

I've only been using SnowCover for the past couple of hours. I havent notice any lag or anything as of yet. But as I get into heavy use during the week because of travel and whatnot, i'll post an update.