GOOD Jailbroken Themes...

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Another newbi here. I've downloaded and found all of the files that you are talking about, I just don't understand what I can do or how to do it. I installed the illumine theme but how do I change its colors/appearance?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Another newbi here. I've downloaded and found all of the files that you are talking about, I just don't understand what I can do or how to do it. I installed the illumine theme but how do I change its colors/appearance?

I'm assuming you did install winterboard right?

Just assuming, lol

Well, you can download add-ons and other tweaks from Cydia and use those as well. Just drag them higher up in the list than the theme in Winterboard and it will over-ride certain aspects of the theme. :)

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I'll be honest, you almost assumed too much. I just found the winterboard app and didn't even realize I had downloaded it.
Some one asked previously about changing the background appearance. To do that, do I take a photo or pic then drag it into the winterboard folder? Sorry for what's probably a trivial thing to you but like I said, I'm a newbie. Just switched from blackberry, which was the best thing I've done, and still learning how to use REAL technology. Thanks for the help!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I'll be honest, you almost assumed too much. I just found the winterboard app and didn't even realize I had downloaded it.
Some one asked previously about changing the background appearance. To do that, do I take a photo or pic then drag it into the winterboard folder? Sorry for what's probably a trivial thing to you but like I said, I'm a newbie. Just switched from blackberry, which was the best thing I've done, and still learning how to use REAL technology. Thanks for the help!

Well here's the best explanation I can think of, so I hope it helps, as to use winterboard, it's a good idea to know exactly what it does for you and why it's such a powerful tool...

Winterboard basically works as something like a hierarchy...when you download packages and themes off of Cydia or Icy that are winterboard compatible, they will automatically show up in Winterboard. When you open winterboard, you can tap on the items you want to activate and it will place a checkmark next to it. You will also notice you can drag things up and down spots in winterboard.

That's where the hierarchy comes in. Lets use my theme for an example, I use the Illumine theme, so I have that checked. I also downloaded different color chat bubbles and a different status bar. If a theme has those things built in, you can over-ride certain aspects of a theme. Say I download a theme and I really like the icons but I don't like the lock screen or battery icon, well, I can download one I DO like through Cydia or Icy, it will show up in winterboard, I check it, and drag it ABOVE the theme I am using. It will over-ride the item I don't want from that theme. It allows you to tweak to your liking. If you like the entire theme except for the chat bubbles that came with it or a certain little detail, you can change it. For example, search "SMS Balloons" on Cydia and you will find packages for winterboard of JUST SMS bubbles, and when they install, check it, drag it above the theme, and it will over-ride only the chat bubble part of the theme.

Now as far as using your own wallpaper, there is a setting built in to winterboard called "user wallpaper", check that, and drag it to the top, you can then choose whatever wallpaper for your lockscreen you want from your photos, and it will then show up as your background as well :)

Hope this helps just a little!

Reactions: applefanboi

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Man that helps more than you know. One more question though, you mentioned using "icy". When I jailbroke my phone it only had the "cydia" option checked and since I didn't know much about jailbreaking, I did not check icy. Is it too late to add it? Is there a way of knowing what's compatible with winterboard? How do you use something that is not compatible or can you?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Man that helps more than you know. One more question though, you mentioned using "icy". When I jailbroke my phone it only had the "cydia" option checked and since I didn't know much about jailbreaking, I did not check icy. Is it too late to add it? Is there a way of knowing what's compatible with winterboard? How do you use something that is not compatible or can you?

Well probably 99.9% on Cydia or Icy are for winterboard theme-wise. There aren't really many other programs you can use to theme. Way back when the 1st gen was jailbroken, it was summerboard, and winterboard took its place.

As far as downloading Icy, see if you search for it in Cydia if you can download it, if not, I'd say just run the jailbreak again and choose to install Icy.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Well here's the best explanation I can think of, so I hope it helps, as to use winterboard, it's a good idea to know exactly what it does for you and why it's such a powerful tool...

Winterboard basically works as something like a hierarchy...when you download packages and themes off of Cydia or Icy that are winterboard compatible, they will automatically show up in Winterboard. When you open winterboard, you can tap on the items you want to activate and it will place a checkmark next to it. You will also notice you can drag things up and down spots in winterboard.

That's where the hierarchy comes in. Lets use my theme for an example, I use the Illumine theme, so I have that checked. I also downloaded different color chat bubbles and a different status bar. If a theme has those things built in, you can over-ride certain aspects of a theme. Say I download a theme and I really like the icons but I don't like the lock screen or battery icon, well, I can download one I DO like through Cydia or Icy, it will show up in winterboard, I check it, and drag it ABOVE the theme I am using. It will over-ride the item I don't want from that theme. It allows you to tweak to your liking. If you like the entire theme except for the chat bubbles that came with it or a certain little detail, you can change it. For example, search "SMS Balloons" on Cydia and you will find packages for winterboard of JUST SMS bubbles, and when they install, check it, drag it above the theme, and it will over-ride only the chat bubble part of the theme.

Now as far as using your own wallpaper, there is a setting built in to winterboard called "user wallpaper", check that, and drag it to the top, you can then choose whatever wallpaper for your lockscreen you want from your photos, and it will then show up as your background as well :)

Hope this helps just a little!

dammm...that helped me out alot too thanks;)

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I'm slowly but surely figuring some of this out. I read earlier where some of you have mixed and matched and made your own themes. I'm currently using the illumine theme but I like the springboard appearance of the killsigncarbon blue with the illumine icons and text. can these two be pieced together or is that impossible?

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Never mind. Figured it out finally and also remembered how to read and found your "How to" thread. I have a mental lapse about every three seconds, give or take two seconds!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Never mind. Figured it out finally and also remembered how to read and found your "How to" thread. I have a mental lapse about every three seconds, give or take two seconds!

haha it's okay. it happens to all of us, and at one point, all of us are new at this.

and believe it or not, everytime apple decides they love us so much to patch something, we pretty much have to learn a new way, so never get too comfortable. haha

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
haha it's okay. it happens to all of us, and at one point, all of us are new at this.

and believe it or not, everytime apple decides they love us so much to patch something, we pretty much have to learn a new way, so never get too comfortable. haha

Man, just when I was getting comfortable you had to go and throw a monkey wrench in the works! haha!:D

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Running a modded Gruppled LockInfo and HTC Sense UI

IMG_0013.png

IMG_0011.png

IMG_0014.png

IMG_0015.png

Reactions: DRTigerlilly

Trending Posts

Members online