- 10-31-2009, 12:08 AM #176
But if you're running above 3.0, as in 3.1 or so, there's an issue with the way the icons get cached that is messing that up, you can SSH into your phone and delete the icon cache and illumine will work properly again.
- 10-31-2009, 08:15 AM #178
- 10-31-2009, 09:47 PM #179
But no, you do not have to have a Mac to SSH into a phone.
This is the definition of SSH:
In computing, the SSH File Transfer Protocol (sometimes called Secure File Transfer Protocol or SFTP) is a network protocol that provides file transfer and manipulation functionality over any reliable data stream.
In a nutshell, it gives you access to the phones filesystem and you can edit files, add files, and delete them.
It's a powerful tool but also a potentially dangerous one if you don't know what you're doing, as you don't want to go around deleting files or changing things if you don't know what they are.
But no, you do not need a Mac. Any SSH Client will do and there are tons for windows as well. A simple google search for "windows SSH client" will bring up tons of free SSH clients you can download and use for free.
Hope this helped.
- 11-01-2009, 09:02 PM #182
- 11-02-2009, 07:12 AM #183
- 11-02-2009, 11:23 AM #184
- 11-02-2009, 06:55 PM #185
- 11-02-2009, 06:59 PM #186
Last edited by Hack-My-I; 11-02-2009 at 07:06 PM.
- 11-14-2009, 06:46 PM #187
- 11-14-2009, 08:11 PM #188
^^^ Nope. Not in Cydia or Rock!
The Lockscreen (HTC with Gruppled Lockinfo) can be found at this forum
The Reso theme (icons) can be found on MacThemes forum here
You'll have to use SSH (i.e. WinSCP) or a program like Diskaid or Cyberduck to get this onto your phone.
Now I did do a bit of tweaking to "make it my own" so that particular wallpaper and dock will NOT be in those downloads. It comes with different ones.
- 11-14-2009, 10:55 PM #189
- 11-15-2009, 04:48 AM #190
- 11-15-2009, 09:22 AM #191
- 11-15-2009, 03:53 PM #192
- 11-15-2009, 05:14 PM #193
- 11-15-2009, 05:18 PM #194
- 11-15-2009, 05:23 PM #195
- 11-15-2009, 05:34 PM #196
- 11-15-2009, 05:59 PM #197
^^^^ I like that one Alli!
I've only been using SnowCover for the past couple of hours. I havent notice any lag or anything as of yet. But as I get into heavy use during the week because of travel and whatnot, i'll post an update.
- 11-15-2009, 06:04 PM #198
- 11-15-2009, 08:16 PM #199
- 11-15-2009, 09:04 PM #200