I have a question about going to T-Mobile
Here is my situation.
I have a friend, who just got an iPhone 3G, 8GB. She is on T-Mobile.
The SIM card that she intends on using (once I jailbreak & unlock it) is from a BlackBerry Pearl.
Her plan includes NO Internet, unlimited minutes and unlimited txts.
She is willing to add the Internet. I obviously know how to jailbreak and unlock.
These are my questions:
1) What type of plan would she need to get in order for the phone to function even SOMEWHAT like an iPhone should?
2) Ive seen packages on Cydia that can supposedly enable 3G on T-Mobile iPhones. DO THEY WORK, and WHICH ONES WOULD I NEED?
3) If those packages don't work, is there any other way I can get 3G working?
4) Does anyone know any more details about the "new iPhone plan" on T-Mobile? I'd appreciate details on this very much.
Thanks again. Whatever help you can offer is truly appreciated.
- 08-11-2009, 06:47 AM #2
Props on bailing on ATT....I'm with ATT because my plan is discounted and that allows me to deal with their dropped calls and other issues:
1. You need whatever unlimited data plan you can get your hands on.....no 3G then no 3G speed
2. Cydia does not work.
3. Kiss 3G goodbye; edge will work just fine as the data source on the road/WiFi will handle data intensive apps. Also, I've turned 3G off on my 3GS to ave battery when on the road and run comfortably with only edge.
4. Never heard of iphone plan for T-mobile. All you need is unlimited edge data plan.
- 08-11-2009, 12:33 PM #4
But what about those packages on Cydia, where it's the "T-Mobile Carrier Pack" for use with data plan a, data plan b, or data plan c? (Just examples). In Cydia, those packages claim tat they will allow 3G service to work, provided that you had the right data plan coinciding with the correct package downloaded.
I'm just trying to get this phone working as well as possible or as close to an AT&T iPhone as possible.
- 08-11-2009, 02:29 PM #6
I have a 3Gs and am running it on Tmo. Had to jailbreak and unlock first but it worked fine. Cydia works fine on Tmo you just have to run it through wifi. There may be some, but as of yet I haven't found anything that doesn't run on Tmo, it will just be slower because of no 3g. Using wifi its fine, in a gprs area it will be a nightmare and in an edge area it will be an annoyance. How much of an annoyance will depend on the speed of edge in that area.
If you find an app that will allow the iphone to pick up 3g on Tmo I'd sure like to hear about it. Since its a different frequency I have some strong doubts but I won't say its impossible. If you find them let me know, I'm willing to give it a try.