Just Jailbroke what are some good apps

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
What is reminder/notifier is it in cydia
There's an app called StatusNotifier that puts an icon on your status bar (next to the battery) to notify you of new SMS, email, missed calls, etc. There's another app you can use (if you have StatusNotifier) that will add the same notifications to your lock screen. I'm guessing this is what 9erfan was referring to...

Edit: if you have a 2G or 3G I've seen a lot of users refer to Cycorder for video. Others mentioned frequently: dTunes for iTunes-like functions, Snapture for pics. Search the forums for "jailbreak apps" & you'll find some other "best of's" threads.

Last edited:

LouieO

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
Another app if you're going to install all these apps from Cydia is CyDelete that will make it easier to remove the apps you've installed from Cydia. It is as easy as removing App Store apps. Just hold down on any icon and the Cydia programs will have a red "X". Also you can install Emoji so you dont have to pay the ridiculous .99 cents to unlock a feature kids in Japan get for free. 3G Unrestrictor is also a good one, this allows you to use apps on the 3G network instead of WIFI only. Lastly, AptBackup so when 3.1 comes out you will not have to try and remember all the sweet programs you've installed, this will make a list and auto install them for you automatically.

Last edited:

nextjeter2

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
@Louie
doyou know if 3g unrestricker works with all apps or only certain I have MLB at bat that let's you stream live basball gme and the 3g quality is terrible on wifi it looks stunning I am curious if I can get the wifi quality on 3g

LouieO

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
it will work with that app. You just need to add which ever programs you want to trick into thinking it's on WIFI. I've seen it used for MLB and Sling Player. It shouldn't improve your 3G signal. my understanding is it tricks your programs into thinking that your phone is on WIFI.

Last edited:

LouieO

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
i tried snapture and it didn't want to work on my 3GS with 3.0 of course. I'm' not sure if that was just an issue with the video recorder on the 3GS or a 3.0 issue. haven't tried stacks but i heard it was still a bit buggy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods