redsn0w hates me and my iPhone 3g

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have a 16 GB iPhone 3G. I've had it jailbroken via the Pwnage tool since 3.0 came out.

I'm trying to update to 3.0.1 just for safe measure, but redsn0w will not finish for me. I plug my phone in, select the 3.0 IPSW I downloaded (dated for june something) and then throw it into DFU mode after selecting to only install Cydia. After that, it quickly runs through some tasks, then states that it's waiting on a reboot. I've left my phone while I went and took a shower and got ready for work, yadayada a whole 30 min give or take, and redsn0w is still waiting on the freaking reboot :mad:. I just re-jailbroke with Pwnage and left it at that.

Any ideas on something else I can try? To clarify, I am using the correct ipsw file and the latest redsn0w on the latest Mac OS X update.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
In addition, the instructions are to put it in recovery, not dfu. If your doing that and just calling it DFU, then never mind, but if you are putting it in DFU...maybe you should try recovery. I have had 0 issues with redsn0w, but I'm using windows.

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, I confused the two. Similar button mashing either way ;) and Pwnage has you throw it into DFU mode, at least, that's what the software says. I'll give the usb trick a try.

Anyone else?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I do have access to a PC, but I've never had much luck with speed between the iPhone and PC. They get along, but don't necessarily like each other, LOL.

I figured it was DFU, but I really don't get that part of it. I just follow instructions >.<

shadowagent

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue with redsnow "waiting for reboot" on my xp machine. (I originally jailbroke my 3g on the XP machine when 3.0 first came out with no issue). I tried it 4 or 5 times including the "unplug and plug back in" tip but to no avail.

I ended up trying it on my vista pc and it worked first try. Not usre but think that maybe it had something to do with the fact that I have a more updated itunes (not latest one but more recent) on my vista pc then on my xp. And from what I have read redsnow uses some files from iTunes to enable access to the phone.

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
redsn0w and I have no more problems...we made up

Seems that I did the right thing to get on redsn0w's good side. Thanks for the help guys.

The trick really was to unplug/replug the USB cable. I got scared at the white screen for a moment, but it didn't seem to matter.

Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro