Thinking of going from 3.0 to 3.01 Can I jailbreak with Pwnage Tool 3.0

gary_gnu

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Dev-Team Blog

Short version:

You can re-use redsn0w v0.8 we released a few weeks ago to jailbreak today?s 3.0.1 update. Just let iTunes update or restore you to official 3.0.1 then run redsn0w. The only ?trick? is that when redsn0w asks you to identify the IPSW used, point it at the 3.0 IPSW instead of the 3.0.1 one. After the jailbreak, reinstall ultrasn0w 0.9 if you need the unlock.

More details:

The 3.0.1 release is a ?branch? from 3.0 that occurs (code-wise) before all the 3.1 betas. The programs redsn0w needs to change for the jailbreak are identical when you compare the 3.0 and 3.0.1 versions. It seems pretty much the only changes Apple made were for the SMS bug, which affects programs that redsn0w doesn?t touch. That?s why you can re-use redsn0w 0.8 on 3.0.1 even though it was written for 3.0.

And since 3.0.1 doesn?t touch the baseband either, ultrasn0w 0.9 works for those needing the soft unlock. Just install it from the repo666.ultrasn0w.com repository using Cydia as usual.

We?ll at some point fix redsn0w to recognize both 3.0 and 3.0.1 IPSW?s, but really that?s the only change that would be made to it. Everything else would be identical, so there?s no need to wait for the ?proper? version that recognizes the 3.0.1 IPSW as valid.

rushia3n4

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
umm ok another question

Since I used Pwnage 3.0 to jailbreak before, can I use the IPSW that I have on my computer already (with redsnow) or should I be getting another from somewhere......

also with PWNage I increased the amount of patrition (sp.) and installed the apps directly from there....Anywhere to do this with redsnow...

Also exactly what is the hack ... and should I be concerned about it...

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Pwnage and redsn0w work differently. With Pwnage you have to do a full restore, meaning that 3.0 would be installed back to your phone, not 3.0.1. I haven't really tried using the program for the new update yet, though.

The hack is just an SMS hack which makes most Smartphones vulnerable. Basically, they can hack your phone and get info from it, but it's not really dangerous. I haven't updated myself just because redsn0w doesn't want to work for me.

fuhayer

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
ih8sn0w has jailbreaked iPhone 3.1 beta 3 and is already published the custom firmware for both 2G and 3G on his own site. still whoever uses ultrasn0w must NOT use this custom firmware which updates BB.
to check the site and download the custom jbed firmware you need to visit : appleturk .net/iphone

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner