- iPhone Newbie
- 13 Posts
Google Voice + Gizmo5 + Siphon = Free incoming + Free outgoing calls over 3G/Edge/Wif
Google just enabled Google Voice with support for Gizmo5 (similar to skype). Now using this combo with Siphon (download from Cydia), you can enable free outgoing calls
1) Login to your gizmo5 (www . gizmo5 . com) account page (create account if you dont have one)
2) enter your GV username and password
3) Go to your siphon on the iPhone and enter the following:
-Username: your 10+1 digit Gizmo5 number found on your Gizmo account page
-Password: enter your password
4) Login to Google Voice and add your Gizmo5 number and verify it - pick up the call when you receive it and enter the verification code
Once you have done the above steps, you can launch the Siphon app and start making outgoing calls - the users will see your Google Voice number as caller ID.
Now you can use Backgrounder to keep Siphon running (takes around 8MB of RAM) and also get Free incoming calls.
Just tried it and works like a charm. Only caveat was for incoming calls, you hear the ring when siphon is backgrounded but you need to launch siphon before you can answer the call. a small inconvinience. just add siphon to the dock and it should be just fine.
- 08-12-2009, 12:33 PM #2
- 08-13-2009, 01:17 PM #3iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
However, I need some help here...
I set it all up fine I believe, cause when I forward calls to my mobile number, it works. BUT, when I forward them to my gizmo5 number, and I answer it on Siphon, neither person can hear each other.
- 08-13-2009, 10:29 PM #4