How do I get iPhone ready for SSH?

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I have searched all over and have not found out yet how to SSH into my iPhone. I see that I need to install OpenSSH (done) but keep seeing that I need BSD subsystem. How do I get this? I have only seen where people install this via Installer but I don't know how to get installer installed! I used the purplera1n JB and it only installed Cydia.

Can someone please give me a step-by-step tutorial on this?

Thanks in advance!

jellmoo

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
I believe that you get all you need with OpenSSH. You will also need a client on your computer, the one most used for Windows is WinSCP (easily found through a google search).

To start, you need to get the IP adress of your phone. Just go to Settings, Wi-Fi, and then select the network you are in. This will tell you your IP address.

Now start up WinSCP.

Where it says Host Name, you enter you IP Address.
Where it says User Name, you enter "Root" (minus the quotes)
Where it says Password, you enter "Alpine" (minus the quotes)

You then click Login, and should now have file access to your iPhone.

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I believe that you get all you need with OpenSSH. You will also need a client on your computer, the one most used for Windows is WinSCP (easily found through a google search).

To start, you need to get the IP adress of your phone. Just go to Settings, Wi-Fi, and then select the network you are in. This will tell you your IP address.

Now start up WinSCP.

Where it says Host Name, you enter you IP Address.
Where it says User Name, you enter "Root" (minus the quotes)
Where it says Password, you enter "Alpine" (minus the quotes)

You then click Login, and should now have file access to your iPhone.

Thanks ... I had everything I needed except WinSCP. I have used putty for ssh for many years but for some reason it wouldn't connect. WinSCP did the trick!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2