It's a blizzard out there...

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Looks like Dev-Team and geohot are ramping up the war of words in regards to the new ultrasn0w and new purplesn0w, both of which were released late last night / early this morning.

Dev-Team Blog

On the iPhone

I feel the love... do you?

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
It is great, however one thing the Dev-Team seems to be saying is incorrect. Dev-Team says that their unlock uses 7000x less RAM. The only problem is that they are comparing RAM usage from 0.9 to the first version of purplesn0w. Not exactly a fair comparison... their new version to geohot's old version. Purplesn0w RC2 uses exactly 0 bytes of RAM. Nada, Zip, Zilch.

About the only thing I see ultrasn0w having over purplesn0w is that ultrasn0w is 3G and 3GS while purplesn0w is only 3GS.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It is great, however one thing the Dev-Team seems to be saying is incorrect. Dev-Team says that their unlock uses 7000x less RAM. The only problem is that they are comparing RAM usage from 0.9 to the first version of purplesn0w. Not exactly a fair comparison... their new version to geohot's old version. Purplesn0w RC2 uses exactly 0 bytes of RAM. Nada, Zip, Zilch.

About the only thing I see ultrasn0w having over purplesn0w is that ultrasn0w is 3G and 3GS while purplesn0w is only 3GS.

I completely agree with you. War of words seems to have continued between both parties.

Jedi

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
Competition is good for the end user though because as each developer team raises the bar the other competes to bring out a more stable, reliable, memory unintensive and simple unlock.

Now if these two teams combined forces to make a single application that jailbreaks and unlocks any iPhone model as well as jailbreaks any iPod Touch model too, and does it with just one click like Purplera1n does (but without having to run Freeze) on any platform, then we truly have a win win situation.

Think about it - take your new iAnything, plug it in, download one piece of software, click "Make it XXXX" and BAM all done and dusted.

Over to you, Dev Team and GeoHot :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro