Jailbreaking problem with Itouch
Hi, arrived at this forum through google. I'm very sorry if my question is out of range (about Itouch, instead of Iphone).....
It's like this: I have an I Touch 1st gen, running on firmware 3.0 (updated through IPSW 3.0 7A341), and I'm having a bit of a problem with appsync.
I jailbroke it with redsn0w 0.7.2 (on windows XP SP2). And it went well.
Now I don't have wi-fi connection, so I tried transferring 'installd' file manually, through diskaid. This is where the problem started.
I followed the steps I found in the internet carefully. It all went well, except when I reboot it, after copying the installd file to /usr/libexec folder, the screen displays the white apple logo, and nothing else. I figured it might be a process on the run, and I waited for several minutes (around 5-8), it flashed white 1 time, and rebooted, returning to the white apple logo.
What did I do wrong?
Just to be clear, here is what I did:
- Jailbreak with redsn0w 0.7.2 (successful)
- Downloaded and extracted file "AppSync_v1.1_by_Reilly"
- Connected my I Touch with diskaid, went to root folder
- Made the folder "/Applications/Documents" and "/User/Applications/Documents"
- Copied the file 'installd' to "/usr/libexec"
- Reboot (turning off and on again)
- Stuck with white apple logo
Please help me, where did I went wrong?
Thanx in advance.