Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

293 Posts

Cool geohot perhaps has JB exploit for 3.1?

As usual, I've been eavesdropping on my favorite iPhone hacker via Twitter... And with this last exchange, I was kinda left with the impression that geohot already has a vulnerability he plans to exploit for a 3.1 JB. At the very least, it sounds like he's planning on releasing a purplera1n JB for 3.1.

Either way, that's good news for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by steven9088
    @geohot So that means that you can jailbreak 3.1 w/o finding another exploit?
    Quote Originally Posted by geohot
    @steven9088 well...you'll see
    iPhone Pro

705 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts

This is good. Very good. But, will I have to upgrade thus removing my JB and all my stuff, then re- Jailbreaking and downloading over 200 pieces of JB content
    iPhone Newbie

30 Posts

bump bump ...... Sounds promising can't waiting.... and ^^^^ very good question I been wondering that myself, and that is the main reason i haven't gone download crazy with JB apps & content
    iPhone Newbie

40 Posts

yes you lose your jailbreak and all your **** but you can do teo things...
    1. download aptbackup from cydia- back up then after rejailbreak hit restore... will take a while but gets all content back without your settings...
    2. SSH into your phone and copy your themes and ringtones and all the **** you want to on to your computer then after jailbreak SSH again and put them back into your phone... i use both of these methods.. work FINE!