Just a heads up - toneFX doesn't work on 3G[s]

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I happen to know for a fact that it works fine on the 3G OS 3.0, but when I jailbroke my 3G, it literally crashed my iPhone. Thank god for mobilesubstrate and safe mode.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what ToneFX does, or is? But thank you for the heads up. I will not download this unless it gets updated and I want it's fetures, whatever they may be.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
just breathing some new life into this thread. ToneFX allows you to change your SMS, calendar, etc. ringtones to whatever you want without having to SSH. haven't had it crash my phone or anything...yet. however...

i have a 3GS and downloaded ToneFX (version 1.509) yesterday. i wish i had seen this post before then. i was able to get ToneFX to install properly, however no matter what tone i select for SMS, email, calendar, etc... and SAVE my changes, i still hear completely random tones. not the ones i selected for each category. and yes, i have checked to ensure i have 'shuffle ringtones' set to OFF.

i downloaded several tones through Rock & Cydia to use as tones for my phone. i do hear the tones and have them activated in Winterboard. however, ToneFX just doesn't want to play the correct tone after i have selected it.

any thoughts on this? i mean, other than ToneFX doesn't work on 3GS? surely it's updated to work on 3GS now since OS 3.1 came out. right? right? guess i'll try to reinstall it and see if that does any good.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
That's weird...I had it on my 3g on 3.1.2 and it worked fine. I actually just uninstalled it today b/c most ppl have their own ringtones on my phone ne way. But I had it on mine...

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
interesting. i wonder if it has anything to do with me installing/using tones from Cydia/Rock for use with Winterboard? do you all use these type tones with ToneFX? or does everyone create their own on the ToneFX.com website?

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
interesting. i wonder if it has anything to do with me installing/using tones from Cydia/Rock for use with Winterboard? do you all use these type tones with ToneFX? or does everyone create their own on the ToneFX.com website?

You may want to import the Cydia ringtones to your actual iTunes ringtone folder. I do this then delete the ringtones from Cydia afterward.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i haven't found a way to import Cydia ringtones into my iTunes ringtone folder yet. still waiting for an answer on that. but i tried uninstaling/reinstalling ToneFX. that didn't seem to matter either.

and just for fun, i tried activating 1 ringtone at a time then saving. didn't work either.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried using the ToneFX ringtone creator to make tones to work with it? (Since their instructions clearly tell you that's all you can use with it.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods