Does [sucessful] jailbreaking affect the iPhone 3GS performance at ALL?

Larzo#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm heavily leaning towards JB'ing my iPhone now that I've read up more about Cydia and the awesome apps associated with it (Praying the FF7 PSX emulator game comes out soon! :D ). I love everything about my phones performance, and I wouldnt want to sacrifice any kind of speed in the name of JBing. I'm totally cool with the springboard, so I'm not looking to customize the UI using winterboard.

That being said, has succesfully JBing the 3GS showed any kind of decrease in performance?

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaking alone does not reduce the performance of your iPhone. However, you can end up with an iPhone that runs slower... for one simple reason. Once your iPhone is JB, you may be tempted to start installing all kinds of apps and/or background processes.

All of these installations, while adding functionality to your iPhone, will inevitably tax the resources of your iPhone. It's much the same way as how a home computer will start to run slower and slower as time goes on, and you install more and more stuff on it.

Worse case scenario, you can always restore and start over with a fresh JB. For the most part, you only lose SMS histories, icon placement and some data that's stored inside various apps, such as a logs and block lists from iBlacklist.

However, once you learn more about JB iPhones, you'll be more adept at finding the various database files and backing them up before you restore and JB again.

That is if you ever even feel the need to do a restore.

thuwun

Jul 6, 2009
twitter.com
Jailbreaking alone does not reduce the performance of your iPhone. However, you can end up with an iPhone that runs slower... for one simple reason. Once your iPhone is JB, you may be tempted to start installing all kinds of apps and/or background processes.

All of these installations, while adding functionality to your iPhone, will inevitably tax the resources of your iPhone. It's much the same way as how a home computer will start to run slower and slower as time goes on, and you install more and more stuff on it.

Worse case scenario, you can always restore and start over with a fresh JB. For the most part, you only lose SMS histories, icon placement and some data that's stored inside various apps, such as a logs and block lists from iBlacklist.

However, once you learn more about JB iPhones, you'll be more adept at finding the various database files and backing them up before you restore and JB again.

That is if you ever even feel the need to do a restore.

bump bump .... ^^^^ good info

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2