New to iPhone, jailbreaking
Hello there. I got my first iPhone, the 3GS on release day. I did not think I was going to jailbreak, but I saw my buddy's jailbroken iTouch and it really got me curious and interested. I've read as much as I could find, but some of my questions were not answered, or I just did not look hard enough.
1. On the main page, it says that people with jailbroken iPhones are at a security risk. How bad of a risk?
2. Will I be hit with a performance loss?
3. Which jailbreaking application works the best?
Is there anything else a first time jailbreaker should know?
Thanks for the help.
Last edited by Adrenaline; 07-07-2009 at 05:27 PM.
- 07-07-2009, 05:22 PM #2
Bad Ash has posted some FAQ's regarding jailbreaking. if these don't answer your questions, we'll try again.
- 07-07-2009, 05:31 PM #4
- 07-07-2009, 05:49 PM #6
2. from what i gather, performance is not effected by JB-ing. in fact, it seems like you can open up a whole new world of apps that increase performance and unleash the full potential of the iPhone 3GS.
3. it seems that the JB app Purplera1n is the favorite of this forum. was reading this thread earlier today where they were talking about it (http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...erd-fight.html)
hope this helps somehow
- 07-07-2009, 10:18 PM #7
- 07-07-2009, 10:38 PM #8
I am new to iPhones as well and jail broke my 3GS yesterday. It was very easy, and is running smoothly.
Now, towards your question about updating-
I am under the impression that you just don't update until there is some sort of downloadable fix. Am I right?
- 07-08-2009, 01:39 AM #9