Activate, Jailbreak, Unlock order
I have a new Iphone 3g currently locked to the UK carrier O2. The phone has not been activiated/updated.
I want to use this iphone on vodafone but have an O2 sim as well.
Would the following be the best way to to unlock this phone:
1. Activate Iphone using the O2 SIM and upgrade to version 3.0 using the official itunes update.
2. Jailbreak the phone using using pwnage
3. Unlock phone using cydia - install vodafone SIM.
1. Update iphone using pwnage and the ispw with cydia installed.
2. Install O2 sim and activate.
3. Unlock phone and install vodafone sim.