3gs unlock does not work!

Bormann

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I have an iPhone 3gs and just recently jailbroke it using purplera1n on windows xp. All went smoothly and I installed Cydia by freeze. I then added the repo666.ultrasn0w.com source to my list and downloaded it to my phone. I turned off 3g (because I am on t-mobile) and rebooted my phone. When I pop in my sim, it shows the t-mobile name and bars but the bars always fall to zero and I cannot make calls nor text? What is wrong? I have tried multiple times and nothing ever changes.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
ah, I wasn't aware that they had an unlock for the 3GS already. I thought they were waiting until after 3.1 to release it. Oh well.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
It's the same unlock since it's the same baseband. They are waiting on 3.1 to release a jailbreak for the 3GS. George Hotz, the first person to ever unlock the iPhone, released a jailbreak for the 3G3 on July 3rd.

Once an iPhone is jailbroken, the unlock can be applied... doesn't matter who made the JB.

Bormann

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys, i will probably just wait till the 3.1 by dev team since this jailbreak is so buggy. RC2 is a little better, but winterboard still crashes and my phone won't unlock... Too bad.:(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner