iPhone 3.0 Compatible Jailbreak Apps

thuwun

Jul 6, 2009
twitter.com
any new apps or 3.0 updates that anyone knows of? i have heard of a vWallpaper beta floaing around that you have to ssh into iPhone because its not on cydia yet.... Any info on this?

Jedi

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
Backgrounder now works, Winterboard mostly works but keyboards and SMS will not theme, I also think they've fixed the bug that caused Mobile Substrate to make the phone run very slowly.

CorvZ061

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
That most definately does not work. Send the phone straight into safe mode.

I just removed it, via cydia, and it still seems to be installed. And still crashing the phone. Is there a different way to remove programs? aaargh

I have no problems with it. Maybe the installation on yours went wrong. Are you on a 3GS? i'm on a reg 3G.

thuwun

Jul 6, 2009
twitter.com
sbsettings
winterboard
notifier
iRealSMS
openSSH

I would be careful with notifier because i have heard in some other forums, and had some experience myself with it crashing the phone and sending it into safe mode. it wasn't necessary for me, so i uninstalled and haven't had a crash since.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I would be careful with notifier because i have heard in some other forums, and had some experience myself with it crashing the phone and sending it into safe mode. it wasn't necessary for me, so i uninstalled and haven't had a crash since.

I know StatusNotifier is not compatible...at the moment, but notifier is supposed to be. I have crashed to safe mode, once during a restart, and something isn't playing nice with sbsettings power menu, sbsettings doesn't seem to be able to power off or reboot the phone.

Maybe I'll uninstall notifier and see what happens.

ermax18

May 12, 2009
Visit site
SBSetings
Backgrounder
Cycorder
Siphon (SIP Softphone that runs over 3G)
RedLaser
Flashlight (Changes screen brightness to full unlike the AppStore flashlights)
Inspell (Inline spell check that integrates with the cut past menu)
Rotation Inhibitor (SBS Toggle that locks the screen orientation, nice when laying in bed)
OpenSSH

larryw

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Lockdown is now called 3.0 ready but still sends my phone into safe mode about a third of the time I unlock an app (lot better than the previous that was 100% ;) ). Once they fix this, Lockdown is a gotta-have. Even with this bug, it's a very handy app and recommended.

awoodvine

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
qTweeter is my fave jailbreak app. It allows you to update your Twitter status from any app. It's recently been updated to support 3.0.

rebo

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
My favorites (on a 3G running OS 3.0):

SBSettings
VOIPover3G (so I can use Slingplayer)
Winterboard
iRealQuickSMS
PdaNet

Also:
Weathericon
Netatalk