Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

27 Posts

Default This OLD newbie has a question or 2:

I'm technically challenged to say the least. I WANT to jailbreak my iPhone 3G.
    I understand that after it's jailbroken, you use "Cydia" to get your apps. Can anyone tell me if you also pay for the apps in Cydia, and are there as many apps to choose from in Cydia as the Apple App Store?

Thanks for you help y'all!!

iPhone Newbie

37 Posts

some require a small donation. the only ones i had to pay for were SwirlyMMS, and ToneFXs. i have a bunch of other apps that were free. same goes for most of the themes from cydia. I'm not sure about the cydia apps compared to app store apps but there sure are lots of stuff in cydia! if you do jail break your phone you need Cycorder. it cant hurt to give it a shot since you could always go back if you don't like it. also there is plenty of help from everyone here.
    iMore Genius

3,337 Posts

If you jailbreak your iPhone you still will have the App store to download apps & cydia has less apps then the app store.