Help! Or I might go insane!

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone, a few days ago I decided to jailbreak my iPhone but after 4 attempts and countless hours searching the internet I decided I need some interactive help from everyone here.

After my first attempt my carrier wasn't visible so I restored and jailbroke again (I managed to fix the carrier problem). This time Cydia wouldn't update, it would randomly crash and it wouldn't load (I would get a timed out error) I checked my wifi connection and tried all the other fixes I found on the net.

I then figured out that I was using redsn0w 0.7 and that the latest version was 0.7.2 so I used that and installed both Cydia and Icy. Things weren't any better this time. I got the same error from Cydia and Icy 'froze', it wouldn't respond. I read somewhere that Icy could cause the problems so I used 0.7.2 again and only installed Cydia. Cydia was worse than ever, it would just crash on start up.

I have searched everywhere and read everything related to jailbreaking but I can't seem to get it right. Anyone have any suggestions? All help would be appreciated!
Thanks.

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Ok I've installed Icy only but still not having much luck. Icy is really slow to respond, I have to let it sit for about a minute after I open it before I can select anything and the search feature doesn't work at all. Is there anything I can add as a test to see if its working properly?

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
I just jailbroke again and installed Cydia only but now I have no internet over wifi. I can connect to my wifi network but I can't connect to the internet. Cydia is working now, I tested it over the GPRS network.

I've tried resetting my router, forgetting and then rejoining the network, rebooting. Anything else?