Question about Cycorder and other Non-Working JB Apps

rfg17

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
I keep seeing references to Cycorder version 0.9-6 which is now working with JB 3.0, but I only get 0.9-5 in Cydia, which dies with an unknown exception when launched. Anyone know how to get 0.9-6?

Also, I use Notifier 2.1, which partially works in JB 3.0, but email and SMS icons don't seem to go away properly once they are displayed. Anybody know about update plans for Notifier (unanswered calls, voice mail, silent mode, and call forward work fine, although call forward is now obsoleted by a production call forward icon new in 3.0).

Finally, WeatherIcon 2.0.3 does not work under JB 3.0. The settings are there, but all I get is a blank weather icon and ? degrees. Any news?

Last edited:

rfg17

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
Since I got no replies here, I did some research and now have all the named apps working.

There was apparently a bug in an earlier version Apt-Restore that caused a problem pointing to the wrong version of Cydia when I tried to do a restore after JB. The proper version is Cydia-3.7. Once I pointed at the correct cydia repo in apt.saurik.com, I was updated with the correct versions of Cydia, telesphoreo, etc., and saw the updated version of Cycorder for FW 3.0.

Notifier was also updated last night and now works correctly with 3.0.

WeatherIcon has also been updated to version 2.1.9 which works with 3.0. To get it, you must point Cydia at david.ashman.com/apt/ which now contains the updated WeatherIcon.

The lesson here is that when dealing with jailbroken apps, its important to make sure that you have Cydia pointing at the correct repositories. I think the issue with apt-backup has affected many people, so if your JB apps aren't working quite right, or Cydia seems very slow, try that fix.

Last edited:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Since I got no replies here, I did some research and now have all the named apps working.

There was apparently a bug in an earlier version Apt-Restore that caused a problem pointing to the wrong version of Cydia when I tried to do a restore after JB. The proper version is Cydia-3.7. Once I pointed at the correct cydia repo in apt.saurik.com, I was updated with the correct versions of Cydia, telesphoreo, etc., and saw the updated version of Cycorder for FW 3.0.

Notifier was also updated last night and now works correctly with 3.0.

WeatherIcon has also been updated to version 2.1.9 which works with 3.0. To get it, you must point Cydia at david.altman.com/apt/ which now contains the updated WeatherIcon.

The lesson here is that when dealing with jailbroken apps, its important to make sure that you have Cydia pointing at the correct repositories. I think the issue with apt-backup has affected many people, so if your JB apps aren't working quite right, or Cydia seems very slow, try that fix.

Whoa! Statusnotifier and Weathericon work now?? Those have been my two favorite JB apps and I've been waiting for them to be updated. How exactly do I find the updates?

rfg17

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
Notifier is available through Cydia. Make sure you have the 3.0 version (go to Cydia>Manage>Sources and look for Telesphoreo Tangelo. If the description line underneath says "Distribution of Unix Software for iPhoneOS 3" your good to go). The version of Notifier youre looking for is 3.0.

For WeatherIcon, look in my previous message which tells you what source to point Cydia at. Go to Cydia>Manage>Sources, hit the Edit button, hit add, and enter the URL in the previous message.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Notifier is available through Cydia. Make sure you have the 3.0 version (go to Cydia>Manage>Sources and look for Telesphoreo Tangelo. If the description line underneath says "Distribution of Unix Software for iPhoneOS 3" your good to go). The version of Notifier youre looking for is 3.0.

For WeatherIcon, look in my previous message which tells you what source to point Cydia at. Go to Cydia>Manage>Sources, hit the Edit button, hit add, and enter the URL in the previous message.

Ok it says "Distribution of Unix Software for iPhoneOS 3", but I can only find version 0.2.10 of statusnotifier, and I tried adding that "davidaltman" URL and it says "Did not find repository".

Don't know what I did wrong.. Thanks for the help though..

rfg17

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
Oops. Sorry about that typo. Glad you found the right site. Did you manage to get the right version of Notifier?

excaliburca

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site

And how does one update Cydia to the proper version?

Thanks

Joost

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77