Text Message Icon will not change

rosselliot

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
No matter what theme I choose and whenever I try to do a "flow" dock, I am never able to get the text icon to chance! :~/ Why do you think this is?

And I just jailbroke my iphone yesterday, so I'm kind of new to all of this. I if I somehow need to edit a specific part of the theme, how do I go about doing that?

Thank you SO much in advance!

- Ross

spreck

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
my guess would be that apple rewrote the messaging feature to support MMS. a different structure for that app. and you're probably installing a theme that was developed for 2.x. so your theme is trying to replace an icon that doesn't exist anymore.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
There is a similar post about this from a few days ago. Basically the icon image used to be called text.png and now it is called message.png. You just need to change the name of the file.

edwinisdenim

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
There is a similar post about this from a few days ago. Basically the icon image used to be called text.png and now it is called message.png. You just need to change the name of the file.

I know it's been half a year since you last post this, but I just want to thank you for explaining. I've been wondering myself for a while why my text icon never change. Thanks again Joe.