Can't get ICY to find Ultrasn0w

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Help.

I can't get ICY to recognizy Ultrasn0w. I did add the source repo666.Ultrasn0w.com to the source list, but it doesn't seem to find Ultrasn0w. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
I do prefer Icy, but for this instance I'd recommend using Cydia. At least with Cydia you don't have to search, you can just browse into the repository and select ultrasn0w from the list.

Either that or tell Icy to refresh it's data.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Well, I can get Cydia to find Ultrasnow, but I can't tell if it's installing anything or not. I mean, I click to install, and some command line stuff comes up, and then it says it's finished, but there is no app on the app screen, and I did try to reboot like the instructions say, but I can't tell if it is actually installed or if my phone is unlocked. Is there an easy way to tell if the phone is unlocked. The old AT&T simm is not valid anymore. Can I test with my new simm card? Just looking for some more pointers.

Thanks.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Your iPhone is unlocked... The only way to test it is to pop a t-mobile sim in there. Make sure you go into settings and disable 3G if your going to use it on t-mobile or sell it as unlocked. The iphone's 3G doesn't work with t-mobile... Which kinda sucks since 3g is about 10x faster than Edge.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Matt. That blows. Doesn't T-Mobile have a 3G network? If so, wouldn't you be able to use the iPhone 3G? If not, I wonder if T-Mobile phones handle 3G communications differently?

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Matt. That blows. Doesn't T-Mobile have a 3G network? If so, wouldn't you be able to use the iPhone 3G? If not, I wonder if T-Mobile phones handle 3G communications differently?

Per MuscleNerd via twitter

"@trich926 if you're talking about T-Mobile in USA, nope sorry..that's a hardware issue...the radio chip in the 3G just doesn't work w/tmob"

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner