For 3GS owners that want to Jailbreak, Please Read!

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
According to Geohot:
Apple has added a new layer of security to the iPhone 3GS. I mentioned it several posts earlier; it's the ECID field. When iTunes starts the restore process, they contact Apple servers to generate signatures just for your device. It's important you get these signatures for your phone before a new version of the software comes out. I had previously suggested doing this by dumping usb while the iPhone restores. But this is complicated.

Fortunately, the good folks at purplera1n are here for you, the end user who wants a jailbreak. Follow these instructions to generate a unique certificate for your phones iBSS. And don't delay, Apple may change their minds. To clarify, this is instead of a usb dump. Do this, and you are good!

1. Put your phone into recovery mode and connect it to your computer.
2. Using usbview on Windows(enable Config Descriptors), System Profiler on Mac, or lsusb on Linux, read your phones ECID. It's the 16 digit hex number after "ECID:"
3. Go to purplera1n.com, type it, and hit enter
4. Save the generated file for a purplera1nyday...

swood75729

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Please excuse my ignorance first time posting, so does this now mean we can jb the 3gs now if so can you point me to some instructions ultrasn0w etc. Managed 2G with pwanage but am really unsure anbout 3gs

Thanks

swood75729

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks for your reply, I have gone to purplera1n.com to do the file thingy , but only get an image on the page, am I doing something wrong?

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
There should be a box under the image. When you paste the info into the box and hit enter, you start downloading a very small file. This file is what he says we need.

juKe187

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
usbview is a program you can find on google. but to the OP can you please explain in more detail how to do the first step. I've never put my phone in recovery mode, and when I did I couldn't find the ECID number written anywhere on usb view with config descriptors enabled :( Help plz!

swood75729

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
excellent instructions here
iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=367]iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into Recovery Mode

sorry not enough posts to put link

bluesteelz

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
can anyone help

i dont like this 3.0 very much at but its too late now,main problem for me is that my favorite two apps are not working right...one v wallpaper...and ... two..mobilefinder. witch is what i use to copy new videos from mix tube. and then i install them into vwallpaper as my ring tones... can some tell me what i can do to fix this or if theres a patch for these apps thanks...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner