Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Major problem after jailbreaking using redsn0w!! Please help!

Hereís the breakdown:

(1) Currently using 2G iPhone for over a year on At&t. I do not use any data plan and donít need it. With every new firmware, I always jailbroke using quickpwn for windows; nothing more. Iíve always relied on Wi-Fi for internet access and have never been charged for data access on At&t (cellular network data always showed 0 byes sent/received). Everything always worked perfectly.

(2) Today I restored to 3.0 from 2.2.1 and attempted to jailbreak and unlock using redsn0w. Everything worked out fine.

(3) Hereís the issue: I am now able to access the internet without connecting or enabling Wi-Fi. Iím guessing that the phone is using Edge. Iíve always had the ďEĒ icon but the phone never used At&tís data network (it would always give me some error message like failed etc.) It seems like now itís suddenly using Edge. It's showing over 1 MB sent/received!!! This is a major problem because if I lose my Wi-Fi connection and continue working, the phone will automatically switch and start using At&t and Iíll be charged arm and leg.

SoÖ why would my phone suddenly start doing this and what can I do to fix this issue permanently?? Iíve never had this problem beforeÖ so why would it start now out of the blue??

Thanks in advance for any help!!
    iMore Pro

722 Posts

If sbsettings has been ported over to 3.0...get it and disble edge and tur off 3G.