How do I Jailbreak my iPhone running 3.0?

gary_gnu

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
I've been looking all over the internet trying to find how to actually go about doing this...

...and wouldn't you know it, TiPb delivers.

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/06/23/jailbreak-iphone-30-mac-os-redsn0w-edition/

Damn if that isn't exactly what I was looking for. :)

Thanks TiPb.

Can I request an "UnJailbreak/Re-Lock" feature and a "how to apply Apple's updates when you've jailbroken/unlocked" feature? With this one, it would be the perfect Take-Back-Your-iPhone Triumvirate.

gary_gnu

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Of course, it would seem that one of those questions, the bit about "how to UnJailbreak" would seem to be "Just use iTunes to restore the damn thing to factory settings, then use a backup to restore your data - the Jailbreak apps won't sync but the rest will!"

Also appropriate would probably be "google it, n00b!" :eek:

gary_gnu

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Gaah!! Nothing works! I keep getting this freaking internal error thing.

3656496792_2c3784af4d.jpg

How the hell do I...

Oh, yeah. "Google it, n00b!"

Of course, my iPhone still worked fine, but Cydia was useless to me, Icy wouldn't come up, and jailbreaking the thing served no purpose. Not being one to give up, I did a quick search and this post on modmyi.com saved the day. All I had to do was run redsn0w again and not check the "Install Icy" box this time. A few minutes later, I was back to installing Cycorder again so I can record video without buying an iPhone 3G S (yet)...

Cool.