Upgrading from 3G to 3GS

mwg3c

Dec 16, 2008
Visit site
I am going to go buy the new 32 GB 3GS and sell my iphone 3G 16 GB. My 3G is jailbroken on the 2.2 software, but not unlocked. I plan is to upgrade to 3.0 and then jailbreak AND unlock it (so that I can sell it for more money).

My questions are, if I buy the new phone before I jailbreak the old phone to the 3.0 software, will I not be able to do it b/c I?ll have essentially an iPod Touch once I remove my phone number from the old phone for the new phone? So I?ll have to sell my old 3G as jailbroken without the 3.0 upgrade?

Thanks for all your help.

PSM

May 30, 2005
headsetchatter.com
If you put your 3GS SIM into your 3G, it will work (at least it does for me), so you can do that for whatever you might need a functioning SIM for, although I'm not sure you need a SIM for JB/unlock. As long as you're near a wifi network you may not need it at all.

I'm probably going to take the same path with my 3G, once tethering/JB is available for the 3GS and I don't need it anymore. Currently my 3G is jailbroken but not unlocked on 3.0. I have never needed an unlock, but as you said it's good for the resale value.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW