- iPhone Newbie
- 30 Posts
Ultrasn0w availible right now!
Here it is, finally!
We've been liberated by the Dev-Team!!!
Freedom at last!!!
Ultrasn0w for iPhone 3G is ready!
1. Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS 3.0
2. Jailbreak your iPhone 3G using redsn0w or PwnageTool (this will also install Cydia/Icy)
3. Run Cydia or Icy
4. Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia or icy
5. Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w
6. Reboot your iPhone 3G
7. T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w
This only unlocks the "iPhone 3G"
Do not try in iphone 3GS, 2G or touch.
Last edited by Cut.n.Pasted; 06-23-2009 at 02:09 AM.
- 06-23-2009, 10:57 AM #2
Okay, I took my phone that I am selling. It has firmware 3.0 on it, with baseband 7A341. I went and jailbroke it, installed ultrasn0w, rebooted (and instructed) - and I can't see any difference. Is there any way to tell if your phone is correctly unlocked? I don't have another sim card from another carrier - I do have old sim cards from my old-at&t phone (no longer valid). How can I tell if my phone is unlocked or not?
Looking in the settings, I do have a button now for "carrier" when I put in one of my old AT&T sim cards. Does this mean it is unlocked?
Also, if I go into general, then about, I can click on "network", but I get a message saying the sim card is not provisioned.
Last edited by cjvitek; 06-23-2009 at 11:00 AM.
- 06-23-2009, 11:08 AM #3