Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default cydia problems please help

i just did the jailbreak using redsh0w for the iphone 3g 3.0 when opening cydia it asks of 2 essential upgrades when i click to complete upgrades i get a error message saying sub-process/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code 2 im new to the whole jailbreak process and not sure what i did wrong it loaded fine up until i tried to install an app can someone please help me with this.
    Super Moderator

Global Posts
    568 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Try doing a restore and installing cydia again.
    Chris Parsons
    Twitter: @Bla1ze

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry ]
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by xxthe_brokenxx View Post
    i just did the jailbreak using redsh0w for the iphone 3g 3.0 when opening cydia it asks of 2 essential upgrades when i click to complete upgrades i get a error message saying sub-process/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code 2 im new to the whole jailbreak process and not sure what i did wrong it loaded fine up until i tried to install an app can someone please help me with this.
    the same thing has happened to me... any ideas on how to fix it. in my thread the said to try redsn0w again without icy.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Yes. ICY is no longer supported
    iPhone Nanite

hello i have the same problem error code with my iphone !!!!
    appreciate ya help.

ciao
    iPhone Nanite

Default cydia issues

i hav a jailbroken iphone on 3.0 .when i try dowloadin wit cydia it keeps comin up with 'error,couldnt configure pre depend dpkg for grep,probably a dependency cycle.am a new user wat shld i do?somebody help
    Last edited by luqyink; 09-23-2009 at 09:20 PM.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by luqyink View Post
    i hav a jailbroken iphone on 3.0 .when i try dowloadin wit cydia it keeps comin up with 'error,couldnt configure pre depend dpkg for grep,probably a dependency cycle.am a new user wat shld i do?somebody help
    When you are setting up the jailbreak DO NOT include ICY.Just check the CYDIA box.

That should sort out your problem very easily
    iPhone Nanite

Default Cydia

Ive got the Iphone 3gs 16gb and its jailbreaked and when im downloading torrents and starting them in the Terminal its doesnt work after a while it says Connect to tracker Failed Operation timed out, what can i do ?