Spotlight & Categories can't search hidden icons

t333eiphoneblog

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
Seems like spotlight can't search hidden icons that Categories (v2.23-1) put into folders.
Quickgold was able to search them.
Anyone had this problem or know of a solution?

I had iPhone3G 2.2.1 categories/quickgold then upgraded to 3.0. Everything seems to be working find except spotlight issue.

subliminal727

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah theres got to be a way to work around this. As of right now i've abandoned using categories except for one folder for games (too many to keep on my springboard.)

I'm finding it easier to just hit up spotlight and search for whatever i need than to have categories sorting everything.

Being forced to choose between spotlight to search for apps and categories i'm choosing spotlight for now.

thuwun

Jul 6, 2009
twitter.com
Seems like spotlight can't search hidden icons that Categories (v2.23-1) put into folders.
Quickgold was able to search them.
Anyone had this problem or know of a solution?

I had iPhone3G 2.2.1 categories/quickgold then upgraded to 3.0. Everything seems to be working find except spotlight issue.

I'm on a 3GS 3.0 and from my short use and knowledge of categories is that there is a blckage or glitch in the program, when i need to update an app or use an app with another app i have to delete the app from categories to put it back on the springboard , for it to be updated or to be used. Hope this info helps any....

CorvZ061

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
I can see everything in spotlight on my 3G, even apps in categories, I downloaded SpotBright and allowed that to happen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner