iPhone 3G on 3.0 JB'd now frozen... Thoughts?

AttackMonkey

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded my white 16GB iPhone 3G from 2.2.1 + JB to 3.0 + JB. I was able to sync, install apps, etc.; when I was trying to add a new source to cydia my iPhone froze, I held down the home button for 10secs then the power button for 10 secs, neither did anything. I restarted the phone by holding the power and the home button until it restarted.

Now it's just stuck on the startup "white apple" screen. Sometimes it appears to restart, i.e. the apple goes away, but it comes back in short order. This happened once before and I DFU'd, re-upped FW3.0, re-JB'd and here I am. This is really aggravating and now I've been using the iphone for a couple of days I'd really prefer not to have to do that again, there are text messages and memos I would like to save...

Thoughts? :confused::confused::confused:

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
When the Apple logo goes away for a few seconds and then comes back, it means that your phone is stuck in a loop, constantly rebooting itself. It happened to me before and I had to restore. I don't think there's an alternative.

AttackMonkey

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm.

Fair enough... I wonder what's causing it though-this is the second time and both times it's been when I'm upgrading/updating something with Cydia. Makes it kinda pointless to jailbreak when it crashes permanently and for unknown reasons. Am I the only one this has happened to???
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Jonathan33

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Fair enough... I wonder what's causing it though-this is the second time and both times it's been when I'm upgrading/updating something with Cydia. Makes it kinda pointless to jailbreak when it crashes permanently and for unknown reasons. Am I the only one this has happened to???
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I am getting the same problem, and even before i go to cydia, if i have just used redsnow and i try to restart my iphone i get stuck on the logo screen.

Is there a fix for this??

AttackMonkey

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
No further problems

I think this has been my third time trying but I'm not seeming to have problems anymore. I went to Cydia and immediately installed the updates and it seems to have stabilized. Installed Winterboard, etc. and while there are occasional program crashes everything else seems stable. Fingers crossed!

lordzod01

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
Mine has just done this this morning. I was upgrading catergories in cydia. When i pressed "restart springboard" the phone froze. The Apple logo kept doing the same thing, constantly trying to reboot. This is the first time this has happened through Cydia to me. Maybe some of the new upgrades are conflicting? Either way i have had to do a restore. I'm annoyed now though because i'm on windows, and i can't find a jailbreak for Itunes 3.0.

I usually use BigBoss, does anybody now were i can find jailbreak tools? Or has it not been released yet?

arulkl

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i had the same problem and couldnt figure it out. so i decided not to restore from my old backup and so far so good. but i couldnt restore all my text messages - but i can live with it.

PhiPhone

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
OK, time to make this a bit more interesting. I'm having the same issue, and I understand that a restore can fix it. However, my laptop died on me two days ago so I've got nothing to restore from until I get it fixed. I can use someone else's itunes, but is there anyway to fix the phone without wiping it out? I'd kinda like to not have to lose everything until I fix my own computer. Thanks!

daneleas

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
i think i got a serious problem...

guys i face the same problem with one little difference!!!!!
iphone doesnt appear on itunes so i cant even restore it..what should i do???
plz help!!!
the crash occured when i updated cydia...
i m on iphone 3g os 3 jlb.

lordzod01

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
guys i face the same problem with one little difference!!!!!
iphone doesnt appear on itunes so i cant even restore it..what should i do???
plz help!!!
the crash occured when i updated cydia...
i m on iphone 3g os 3 jlb.

Turn your iphone off, while holding down the iphone HOME button plug it into the computer. Keep holding home untill it enters recovery mode (about 10-20 seconds) then restore the iphone and start all over again with a fresh JB.

RottenApple

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I F'N Love you guys. I have been in panic mode for the past 3 hours and am now on my MARY way to a recovery. I know this thread is kinda old, but Thanks to everyone who contributed to it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73