3.0 Jailbreak - Not finding network, carrier-field not even there in settings
So I'm using an iPhone 3G I bought a year ago (or so) in Belgium, and you can use those with any SIM you like (I'm using a SIM from Luxembourg, where I live).
- Restored phone (set up as new phone) to 3.0
- Jailbreak with 3.0 Pwnage tool
- Everything works fine, but my phone doesn't find a cellular network, and the dialog is not even available in Settings (it just says "Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, Sounds, ...", leaving out "Carrier".
- Tried the whole process again, same result
- Restored to factory 3.0 --> works fine
- Tried again to jailbreak in Expert mode (essentially only leaving out the logos) --> same result as for the simple mode
- Restored to factory 3.0, works fine, again
- Tried to jailbreak again (simple mode), nothing (well, it works, but without the carrier thing)
Well, that's where I am now. Going to factory-restore again.
Oh, one remark: when doing the expert mode, I saw a box for "activate" or sth like, it was checked, and I left it that way.
So, would be glad if someone could help me out.
EDIT: Oh, and I'm using iTunes 8.2
EDIT 2: I'm now back to factory settings, and I just noticed it gives me the "iPhone is activated" prompt, and I don't get that one with Jailbreak (which is most likely the reason for my problem). Anyhow, what does this mean? I mean, since I can use any SIM I want with it?