Convert iPhone 3G to Ipod Touch - possible?

AMVMommy

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Can you convert an iPhone to an Ipod Touch? My husband wants the new 3Gs, but would like to convert his old 3G to a Touch for our daughter. Mostly be able to access the iTunes store and install games. Having internet would be really nice as well. Is this possible?

Thanks!

AMVMommy

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
We have wireless in our house so I think that should work. Is there anything special we need to do to connect to wifi on it? Obviously I've never tried it.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
It works great! What I upgraded to 3GS I used my old phone as itouch and loved having the microphone/speaker and camera that you don't normally get on an itouch.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
say what???

It works great! What I upgraded to 3GS I used my old phone as itouch and loved having the microphone/speaker and camera that you don't normally get on an itouch.

I asked the same question in another thread, I swear I remember when I took my SIM out of my phone once and connected it to sync it tried to activate the phone and then the phone locked until I put the SIM back. It was in Emergency only mode which didn't give me the OS at all, so is there an extra step? do you have to disable cellular data? put it in Airplane mode first?

jrhall

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Check out this support document from Apple:

kb/HT3406, after support.apple.com [forum prevents me from linking a URL]

It has instructions for all of the first three generation iPhones. We are converting our 3G device to an iPod tomorrow!

Ciao. Joel.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro