Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts

Default Where are my Apps?

Hi, i have a iphone 3g and it was jailbreaked !

i had categories and a lot of app were there

now i did the 3.0 update and of course the jailbreak is gone..but all the apps in the categories are not show on the homescreen

with itunes i delete all apps sync again put the apps i want back and sync again..nothing is showing ..
    what can i do??

i can not dowbload the apps again
    appstore tells me installed..

pls help !

iMore Intermediate

425 Posts
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts

This has happened previously and is documented on here if you search for it. Short answer- when you JB again, install sbsettings and check the option to "hide icons". You'll see that your apps are there with their icons hidden. I learned the hard way. Undo or remove apps from "categories" before upgrading to avoid this problem. I don't know of any way to find your apps w/o jailbreaking again.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts

thank you !

as far as i know i can not jailbreak now...

so what can i do? just restore?
    how can i copy the backup of my jailbreaked iphone to my iphone now..
    undo the categories and do the os3.0 upgrade again?
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

I think I really messed up.

I too didn't see my apps and can't get them back.

This morning I removed the jailbreak apps and did a restore back to 2.2.1, thinking that would be the best thing to do. My apps disappeared because I had hidden them with bossprefs. So I re-jailbroke the phone to try to install boss prefs and unhide them. BUT because I had Cydia in one of those category tabs, I couldn't get to Cydia to download bossprefs! It wouldn't show up on my screen.

So I upgraded to 3.0, everything seemed fine until I did a restore from backup and now my apps are all gone again.

Am I screwed? Or is there someway to get back to cydia to fix this? When will the 3.0 jb be out?

Please help!
    iPhone Nanite

8 Posts

If you use Categories or BossPrefs to hide apps, then you need to unhide and place all the apps outside of Categories on the Springboard BEFORE you upgrade. If you don't you won't see them on 3.0 (or any new updates for that matter). If you didn't do this and now can't see your apps, you need to do a backup, RESTORE to 3.0 and then reset with the backup. The apps should show back up again. Let me know if you have any other trouble.